As a Xero specialist bookkeeper, it doesn’t get any better than Xerocon each and every year. Somehow the lights keep getting brighter, the beat of the music louder, the Xero developments more interesting and the impact more profound on the Diverse business.
The rate of change in the accounting and bookkeeping industries is significant as automation and machine learning develops and changes the way we operate. As a Brisbane based specialist Xero bookkeeping business, Xerocon is an opportunity to stop and take stock of where we are at, get inspired for another year and ensure that we are at the forefront of new software developments to improve the accounts management for our clients.
Here is a list of some of the new Xero developments that were announced at the conference:
- Automated bank rules will soon be introduced where you can apply bank rules in bulk.
- Xero to Bills – the ‘bills email address’ functionality will be improving so it will actually read the supplier details etc. To be released in 6-8 weeks. This will be very interesting.
- Lots of talk about the acquisition of Hubdoc.
- Ability to lodge activity statements from Xero is now available.
- We will soon be able to EMAIL the uncoded statement lines report to clients from within Xero – yay!
- The Xero Mobile App is getting a full overhaul within 4-6 weeks! Hooray! You will be able to view reports on the app, enter bills etc .
- NAB integration – you will be able to pay bills from Xero without going to your bank account!
- The whole ‘invoicing’ functionality and look is getting an overhaul.
- You can now view ‘the % of….’ in the P & L. It is available now under the ‘options’ at the top of the P & L. So you could view a figure as a % of sales for example and don’t have to export to excel to achieve this.
- Account transactions report is live now with a running balance.
- Xero Projects will be improving the user roles, time reporting and sales credit notes. Time will be able to be pushed into payroll.
- Xero Payroll bulk upload – to be live shortly.
Now well nad truly back at our desks, we are looking forward to the above changes being rolled out so that we can implement them with our clients.
Bring on Xerocon 2019 – thankfully, located back in Brisbane again!